Thứ Ba, 22 tháng 10, 2013

Gateway NV5929u, i5-430m, 4GB DDR3 memory Deals


By Joshua Adee (Wahiawa, HI USA) - S
This review is from: Gateway NV5929u, i5-430m, 4GB DDR3 memory, n-wifi, 6-cell battery, 15.6" laptop computer, Windows 7 64-bit, (Personal Computers)
This laptop is completely awesome. Basically, whoever assembled these at Gateway messed up and put a Core i5 430M in the machine instead of the Core i3 330M that it was supposed to have. This laptop is very fast and capable and it will be very hard to find a laptop with an i5 CPU and a Blu-Ray drive for this price. Windows 7 is such a great OS compared to Vista. It's hard for me to say this, but I actually switched from a Macbook to get this laptop. With this hardware and Windows 7 you'll be hard pressed to find a better laptop. Just about the only thing I've found that this machine can't do is play the most demanding games. The Intel HD GPU comes with only 128 MB of VRAM (I think it can share some of the system memory too). You can play some games with it, but just make you sure you read the system requirements before you buy. I have played Civilization IV so far without any problems. Basically, unless you're a hardcore gamer, I highly recommend this laptop for the price.
 By Arthur Lesser (Great Neck, NY) -
This review is from: Gateway NV5929u, i5-430m, 4GB DDR3 memory, n-wifi, 6-cell battery, 15.6" laptop computer, Windows 7 64-bit, (Personal Computers)
I bought this Gateway laptop when a 3 year old Gateway 14.1" Vista's Hard Drive Failed. However I use this for business and pleasure. This is the 5th Gateway. This brand is under-rated. My business partner has her 3 year old laptop and uses it day and night, never breaking. Other brands such as Dell and Sony caused laptop hell.

Got this unit on sale in Bestbuy for $499.00 what a find, it had an I5 chip instead of the posted I3 chip. It is the fastest laptop I ever owned, even beating a new Dell Desktop in speed. Turns on and signs off really fast. The keyboard did not take me long to master, but because of the extremely bright LED screen this unit should have had a back-lit keyboard.

The screen does not appear to be as clear as my glossy 3 year old but this is 15.6". The bluray drive is fantastic, my Son is amazed at the clarity.

The battery is OK and lasts longer on an energy saver setting which also cuts down on the intense brightness of the screen, which can be a plus in may situations. However the battery recharges really fast.

This is a high quality machine, mated to Windows 7 it is the ultimate laptop.

I fixed my 3 year old Gateway, and it is also working fine, but no way can it compare to this new model. The wireless capability is miraculous. Buy it and it will make you happy. If you have to love something, this beauty is light and easy to carry over the threshold.
By R. Huria "not amused by bad products" (Toledo, OH) -
This review is from: Gateway NV5929u, i5-430m, 4GB DDR3 memory, n-wifi, 6-cell battery, 15.6" laptop computer, Windows 7 64-bit, (Personal Computers)
I am still loading software. This computer is fast. It is a NV5927U with an i5 chip and Blu-ray player. The seller compares the computer to the NV5929U. But the specs don't quite match up. So, don't bother comparing the specs. This computer is an excellent deal. If the price holds up 30 days, it will be even a better deal. I only say that because every time I buy a computer, there is a better deal within a month of the purchase. Oh well, that's technology for you.

It has been a month now and I haven't found anything better yet. Just not much out there that I can use with the 64 Bit OS. But that will change. Blu-ray works well. All programs loaded and functional accept the Palm Sync for my Palm Z22. So, I'll have to find a substitute for that. I had to get a wireless mouse, since the touch pad is too sensitive. Also, the multi-touch takes getting used too. I have completely switched over to the new computer and so far it has been performing well.

Battery life is about 3 hours. Not bad for a 6 cell. If a 9 or 12 cell is available, I will get one and use the 6 cell as a back-up.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét